“Growing the Owensboro Workforce…One Qualified Candidate at a time”
Owensboro, KY, August 10, 2015– The Greater Owensboro Economic Development Corporation and Blue Star Consultants are partnering to bring Owensboro employers the opportunity to reach highly qualified and disciplined candidates by your participation in the Soldiers for Life Hiring Event, being held at Ft. Campbell (US Army) on September 9th and 10th, 2015. Last year this event attracted over 2,000 transitioning military members, family members and veterans with experience in nearly 400 occupational skills. Many of these members have the desired skill sets our employers seek and can fill critical roles within your organization
During this event Blue Star Consultants will represent industries of the Greater Owensboro area, providing participants with vital employer information that impacts their decision as they transition from military service. This service is open to all local businesses who sign up in advance of the registration deadline of September 4th, 2015.
Blue Star Consultants commitment to employers:
· Communicate your open positions prior to the event. (posting positions via military sites)
· Source / screen candidates based on your criteria and forward to your company point of contact.
· Meet with your organization prior to the event.
· Distribute your company profile information and promotional material to candidates.
· Present Owensboro Community information to interested candidates. (Tell our story)
· Provide feedback and consultation services to your staff regarding this event and future events.
To be included in this event you must sign up! There is no cost to sign up and have your organization represented at this event. Please contact Blue Star Consultants at (270) 663.1257 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org For additional information please contact the GOEDC at 270.926.4339 or Larry Wheatley, 270.663.1257.